Believe In The Impossible: Big Summit Fun in 1/16 Scale!
- Barely as tall as a single tire on the 1/10 scale Summit, the new 1/16 Summit VXL will make you forget all about its super convenient and fun size while its massive suspension travel, screaming brushless horsepower, and 4-wheel drive traction tackle impossible terrain and turn “no way” into “no problem.” Traxxas engineers have managed to pack all the big Summit’s go-anywhere versatility into a smaller machine that knows no boundaries. Waterproof? Check. Velineon Brushless power system? Of course! Traxxas tough durability? You bet. Traxxas engineers built this one to run hard and fast with its extreme duty driveshafts, rugged ExoCage body, beefed up suspension damping, and scale Canyon AT ™ tires. Add an extra battery and a Traxxas speed connector (sold separately) and top speed climbs to 40+mph. The 1/16 Summit’s just-right size lets you enjoy hours of off-road fun anywhere, anytime!
Proven Traxxas Innovation
- No detail was overlooked in our mission to bring all the capability, durability, and excitement of Traxxas’ award-winning models to 1/16 scale for fast, affordable R/C fun. The Summit is built on the race-winning, track-proven innovation of the Revo and E-Revo models. The standard-bearer of design excellence, the Revo’s F1-inspired, rocker-actuated suspension has been expertly adapted to 1/16 scale with all its functionality and performance intact, right down to the oil-filled, threaded-body GTR shocks. This superior technology provides capability, performance, and tuning functions at the absolute pinnacle of truck design. The suspension and electronics are fully integrated into the semi-monocoque chassis design that stunned the world when it debuted with the E-Revo. Intricately molded as a single piece, the chassis balances strength and weight, function and aesthetics, convenience and performance to far surpass the standards of the “mini” category. In 1/16 scale, it is an even more impressive achievement of packaging and performance optimization that could only come from Traxxas, The Fastest Name In Radio Control®.
Optimized for All-Terrain Excitement
- The 1/16 Summit VXL is built on proven innovation of the 1/16 E-Revo VXL and 1/16 Slash VXL 4WD models and dialed in with a multi-terrain setup for exceptional versatility and fun. The unique inboard suspension is equipped with long-travel rockers for maximum ground clearance and traction in rough terrain. Long-wheelbase rear suspension arms put an extra 10mm between the axles for superior stability. New Geode 2.2″ chrome rims hold Canyon AT tires with the same aggressive tread pattern as the “big” Summit to deliver tenacious off-road traction.
Unbeatable Speed and Performance
- No “mini” model can match 1/16 Summit’s class-leading speed and tire-spinning torque. Right out of the box, the potent Velineon Brushless Power System and included Power Cell NiMH battery push Summit past 25mph to outrun any “mini” (and many 1/10 scale RTR trucks). Install a second Power Cell battery to unleash the Velineon Brushless Power System’s full fury, and Summit VXL jumps to over 40mph—all with proven-safe NiMH packs. Only Traxxas makes it so easy and affordable to experience this level of high speed, trail-taming torque, and wheelie-popping power.
Velineon Brushless Power
- Built specifically for Traxxas 1/16 scale models, the VXL-3m speed control and Velineon® 380 motor represent the latest in brushless technology. Fully LiPo compatible with low-voltage detection for 2S and 3S packs and rated for 6-12 NiMH cells, this potent, powerful combo gives Summit VXL precise throttle control and blistering top speed. Patented Training Mode™ lets new drivers hone their skills at 50% throttle. When they’re ready, full power and 40+mph is unleashed with a touch of the EZ-Set® button. Big speed requires big horsepower, so Summit VXL is equipped with the largest motor in the “mini” category. The Velineon 380 is built to the same no-compromise specs as the Velineon 3500 found in Traxxas’ 70+mph 1/10 scale VXL models. High-speed ball bearings. Sintered rotor. Neodymium magnets. Gold plated 3.5mm connectors. It all adds up to 50,000 rpm of pure power for unbeatable torque, power, and speed!
Precision 2.4GHz Control Radio System
- With the TQ™ 2.4GHz radio system, you just switch on and drive. There are no channels or frequencies to manage, so the focus is on having fun. The TQ’s ergonomic design is comfortable for all-day driving, and its sleek lines are enhanced by an internal antenna that is impervious to damage. To customize the controls, the transmitter’s factory servo directions can be easily reversed using the TQ’s simple programming system.
Waterproof Electronics For Go-Anywhere R/C Adventure
- Summit VXL looks ready for anything because it is ready for anything! Fully waterproof electronics to keep the fun rolling through water, mud and snow while lesser trucks stay on the bench. The patent-pending sealed receiver box houses Traxxas’ 2.4GHz receiver and can accept aftermarket receivers as well, without compromising the Summit VXL’s waterproof properties. The new VXL-3m electronic speed control and high-torque, digital micro servo are sealed against the elements giving you the freedom to go places other cars wouldn’t dare to venture.
2amp DC Peak Detecting Fast Charger
- For quick, convenient, hassle-free charging, a 2amp DC fast charger is included to maximize runtime and minimize down time. The included NiMH charger uses a 12-Volt DC power outlet for universal high-output charging. The brilliant LED provides charging status as soon as the battery is connected. The charger is optimized for charging your Traxxas iD Power Cell NiMH battery. Peak-detection circuitry makes sure the battery receives a full charge every time. The status LED flashes green to indicate when charging is in progress, then turns solid green when charging is complete for foolproof charging, peak performance, and maximum runtime.
- The 1/16 Summit VXL is fully assembled with TQ 2.4GHz radio system, Velineon brushless power system, painted and decaled body, pre-glued tires, and detailed instructions. A Traxxas Power Cell NiMH battery and charger are also included, making the Summit VXL truly Ready-To-Race. Traxxas backs the Summit VXL and all of our products with top-notch support that is second to none. A staff of skilled representatives is on-hand to answer your questions via phone, website, or e-mail. Unmatched parts support allows the Summit to be serviced with parts and support from thousands of hobby dealers worldwide. Your investment is also protected by the Traxxas Lifetime Electronics Warranty. Traxxas goes the extra mile to ensure that your R/C experience is easy and fun (and fast!). Follow the details link above to go in depth on all the Summit VXL performance benefits and also be sure to check out the video page to see it in action for yourself.